What is a Domain name?
A Domain name is the essence of your company’s online identity. It is the address your customers use to find information about your products and services on the web. It is your permanent address that can follow you no matter where in the world you might move. This is a very powerful tool for individuals as well as businesses.
Domain names allow Internet users to type in a name, such as www.Creativewebsols.com, to identify a numeric Internet Protocol (IP) address such as 126.96.36.199. The purpose of Domain name is to allow users connected to the Internet the ability to find web sites without having to memorize the long, numerical (IP) addresses that actually locate the computers or servers on the Internet.
Why do I need a Domain Name?
There are numerous uses for Domain names
- Domain names can be used to establish a unique identity in cyberspace. Companies often choose a Domain name that corresponds to their company name. For instance, Creative web solution’s web site is at creativewebsols.com and Yahoo is at www.yahoo.com. Anyone thinking about establishing a presence on the Internet should register a Domain name. You don’t have to utilize it right away.
- Domain names can be used to give you a unique, permanent email address. Many companies will set you up with email forwarding, where messages sent to @yourDomain.com will be redirected to your existing mailbox as provided by your ISP. This lets you choose a truly unique email address and keep the same email address regardless of which ISP you use to access the Internet.
- To maximize the chances of a successful Internet presence and have a global reach
What are the valid characters for a domain name and how long can a domain name be?
The domain name must conform to Standard rules for domain names:
- Only characters in the range of A to Z, 0 to 9 and hyphen are allowed for example www.test-123.com
- Names cannot begin or end with a hyphen for example www.-test123 is not acceptable.
- You can use UPPERCASE or lowercase letters when registering a Domain name, but you may occasionally run into problems if you mix cASes, depending on the exact configuration of the web server that will be hosting your website.
- The easiest way to make sure your Domain name will not cause you any problems later is to register it using all lowercase letters
- A Domain name can contain up to 67 characters.
Some Domains from specific countries have additional limitations on length and on the number of characters in a Domain. Some even specifies a minimum length for a Domain name, such as 3 characters or more.
How do I register a Domain Name with Creative Web Solutions?
Registering a Domain name
- To register domain names through Creative web solutiuions, go to www.creativewebsols.com and use the domain search box
- In the Domain, search box on the home page enter the domain name you want, select an extension for your Domain name (e.g. .com, .net, org, .tv etc.) and start your search by clicking on the Search button.
- The result page will show you whether the Domain is available or not. If your Domain name is available, you may proceed to register by selecting the checkbox against the domain name you want along with the term for registration and then please choose a payment option as Cheque / Demand Draft or Credit Card.
- If the domain is not available then you will have to resume your search again.
Enter your Username and Password in User Login window. In case, you are a New User, click on Register! Which will lead you to a New User Registration Form. Please complete this form and Submit. Registration is absolutely free of cost. Once you are registered member you can use your membership for availing all the services and products available here.
Fill in the Domain Registration Form and Submit. Kindly ensure that you enter all the mandatory fields, which are indicated by an asterisk (*) on the Form
Once you have confirmed the order you will get an order code along with the amount that you are required to pay.
From the day you have applied for Domain booking, Creative web solutions will keep it for a maximum period of 21 days, during which you will receive reminders. After 21 days, your domain will become available again and may be booked by someone else.
After receipt of your payment, you will receive an acknowledgement for the same. You will also receive a confirmation of your Domain name having been registered.
Kindly note that it takes about 48 hrs, for the Registry database to update a new Registration and reflect it on the ‘Whois Search’.
For how long can I register a Domain name?
Creative web solutions offers registration from 1 year up to maximum 10 years for .com, .net or org extension. (the cctlds are subject to terms and conditions, which are regulated independently).
I want to pay for the domain name. The payment should be in favor of whom? Where should I send the payment?
You can send us the demand draft in favor of “Creative web solutions”.
How much time does it take to register a Domain name?
It takes maximum of 48 hrs for a tld Domain name to get registered.
Why does my newly registered domain name show up as available?
Once the domain name is registered successfully it takes minimum of 48 hrs to reflect globally. You can check this by performing a “Who is” query on your domain name. Some of who is look up services available are www.easywhois.com, www.uwhois.com and http://netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois.
Is it possible for someone to register my Domain name after I have registered it?
The Domain name(s) with tld extensions .com, net or org are authenticated by a central registry system which confirms the ownership of the Domain names once registered and are timely updated in real time.
Is there a refund if I misspell my domain name or simply do not want it anymore?
Service is rendered the moment we register the domain name for you. The domain name registry does not allow for refunds, and therefore we cannot.
It is imperative that you double check your spelling of the domain name(s) you want to make sure that they are spelled the exact way you want. We cannot correct misspellings. In the event of a spelling error, and you want the domain name spelled correctly (presuming it is available), you will need to register that name as well.
Who is the Owner of the Domain name?
The holder of the Domain name is the person /company listed on the of the WHOIS record whose name is displayed, as a Registrant is the owner of the Domain name. The administrative, technical contacts are the contacts allotted to the responsible representatives who are entrusted by the organization/individual with relation to the Domain name.
Once the domain name has been registered, can I shift my domain name from current User account to another User account?
No, once you have register a domain using one username account you cannot shift to another user account.
If I register a domain name through Creative web solutions does that mean I have to use your hosting facilities?
No, the Customer has complete freedom to point his domain name DNS to new hosting provider.