Off the point Development
‘Off the point Development’ in the IT world is the phrase mostly used to explain the business of outsourcing software programming, web and multi-media projects to service provider or totally-owned amenities situated in foreign countries with lessen labor costs. India is the biggest contributor of such services, probably to be worth $6.3 billion in 2000-2001.You understand the reason behind India being the major destination for IT-enabled services for major global companies?
- India has an embedded 12-hour time zone differentiation with USA and other key markets for IT-enabled Services
- India has a vast pond of English speaking and computer learned graduate manpower, which will persist to accommodate to the rising demand for professionals for IT- enabled Services. These professionals are trained as well as quality aware.
- Cost of trained personnel is among the lowest in the world.
- India provides an income tax holiday till 2010 for export of IT-enabled Services.
- Many State Governments in India present exclusive incentives and infrastructure for creation of IT-enabled Services.
- India enjoys very keen brand justice in major markets, credit to its rising and worldwide cutthroat software industry.
- More than 185 of Fortune 500 companies by now have offshore centers in India. Therefore vendors in India are worn to dealing with the requirements of an off target preparation