How Social Media Optimization Benefits Your Business
Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have captured the imagination of marketers across the world. But does it really help in marketing goods and services and getting more business? What are these media sites anyways? Let’s take a look…
Social media marketing uses social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis or any other online collaborative media for marketing, sales, public relations and customer service. SMM general happens off your website, and the best example of it is on Social News and Bookmark sites.
Social media sites attract huge memberships as people across the globe sign in to connect with each other to satiate the basic human urge for social company. It is on forums like these where people are spending considerable amount of their overall surfing time on the internet. There are various sorts of communities within social sites such as Health, Entertainment, Sports, Technology and many more where users connect with like-minded people and share and discuss their experiences. As such these sites have a high ‘stickiness’ factor, a very important aspect of online marketing.
By creating the right online marketing architecture, companies can optimize their social media campaigns to their advantage. For instance a sports shoe manufacturer could make a social profile on a social media forum which has a high number of members who love sports. As such, the shoe company can advertise its products on such forums and give the users updates about their latest products and offers. Similarly, retail companies can intelligently use SMO to benefit their businesses.
So how can Social Media Optimization benefit your business?
- Brand Building: A successful SMO campaign leads to a lot more buzz about your brand online. When your promotional message works with your users, they will spread your message more effectively than traditional methods. Your business benefits from brand building; which works best when users participate themselves as your message spreads virally.
- Quick turnaround: Rising up to the front page of major social video, news and bookmark sites will send your business huge amounts traffic and that too almost instantly.
- Low cost benefits: A broad SMO strategy does not cost much and may give a partial replacement to traditional advertising and marketing at a fraction of the costs.
- Search engine rankings: Search Engines seem to be highly impressed with Social Media sites; as such SMO campaigns bring you large amounts of back links that benefit your ranking in search engines.
- Target Marketing: SMO has the ability to target your audience by:
- Geographical targeting
- Gender specific targeting
- Targeting by age
- Targeting by marital status
- Targeting by interests
- Quality recommendations: A large portion of the online buying community bases their buying decisions upon recommendations from fellow community users. You can now reach these people with Social Media Optimization and influence their opinion.
Since this form of marketing is a new concept and traditional marketing companies are still evolving their online strategy, there are many professional Internet Marketing companies which offer social media optimization services to businesses. These Social Media Optimization firms have SMO professionals who understand the online marketing requirements of businesses and device an optimal SMO service plan customized to the specific business requirement.